HELPING THOSE IN NEED
ALLEVIATING HUMAN SUFFERING AND HELPING THOSE IN NEED
In many parts of Indianapolis, the life expectancy of a baby born today is the same as baby born in the U.S. more than 60 years ago. Depending on where one lives in Indianapolis, there can be a life expectancy gap as large as 14 years. Further, Marion County has the lowest average life expectancy of any of its neighboring donut counties. The gaps are attributed to the social determinants of health, including access to health-promoting and health-protecting resources and opportunities. In places where fundamental human needs are unmet due to economic and social disadvantage, life expectancy is decreased.
One of the many ways that Glick Philanthropies works to improve the life expectancy gap is by using food as a platform for positive individual and community outcomes.
Property Nominated Grant Program
Glick Philanthropies is committed to improving access to basic needs in communities where Glick apartments are located. This property nominated grant program focuses on supporting basic needs for individuals and families, including food access, transportation, utility assistance, and mental health. Since 2016, over $4 million has been awarded to 242 organizations in communities where Gene B. Glick Company properties are located across the country
“We believe that addressing basic needs helps individuals move toward self-sufficiency,” said David Barrett, vice chair, president and chief executive officer of the Glick Family Foundation, one of the charitable organizations comprising Glick Philanthropies. “It may sound simple, but helping those in need access the basics, like nutritious food, safe housing and reliable transportation, could not be more fundamental or important to many families at this time.”
In 2023, Glick Philanthropies granted $500,000 to 87 organizations across nine states through the Glick Community Relief Fund.
2023 Community Relief Fund Grantees
- Northeast Community Fund
Youth With A Positive Direction
- Access Johnson County Public Transit / Gateway Services, Inc
- Alternatives Incorporated
- Bethel Family Worship Center
- Birth to Five, Inc
- Bluffton Church of God
- Bridges for Life
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Gary Food Bank
- Center Township For The People
- Changing Footprints, Inc.
- CHIRP, Inc.
- CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions
- Community Action Program of Evansville and Vanderbugh County, Inc (CAPE)
- Community Harvest Food Bank
- Community Kitchen of Monroe County, Inc.
- Crooked Creek Food Pantry Inc.
- DeKalb County Council on Aging
- Elton H. Geshwiler Senior Citizens Center
- Federated Church
- First Step of La Porte
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana
- Food Bank, Inc. D.B.A. The Gateway Hunger Relief Center
- Food Finders Food Bank
- Gethsemane Lutheran Church
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana
- Greater Hammond Community Services
- Healing Hands Outreach Center, Inc.
- Health and Hospital Corporation Marion County Public Health Department - Nutrition Services
- Human Services, Inc.
- Indy Hunger Network
- Jewish Family Services (at the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, Inc)
- Johnson County Senior Services
- Kiwanis Club of Richmond Foundation, Inc.
- Lafayette Urban Ministry
- LifeSpan Resources, Inc.
- LifeStream Services
- Marwood Baptist Church
- Monroe County United Ministries
- Purdue Extension – Knox County
- Purdue Extension Marion County
- Purdue Extension Nutrition Education Program (two grants)
- Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service-Daviess County
- REAL Services, Inc.
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Daviess Co. IN, Inc. DBA RSVP Volunteer Center
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana
- Second Helpings
- Servants Heart of Indy, Inc.
- Seymour Harvest Church
- Shelby Senior Services, Inc.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul - St. Simon the Apostle Conference
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Cathedral Conference
- St. Vincent de Paul Indianapolis Council
- Stone City Alliance for Recovery and Hope, Inc.
- The Salvation Army Eagle Creek Corps Community Center
- The Salvation Army Jackson County Service Extension
- The Warehouse
- Trinity English Lutheran Church
- Tri-State Food Bank
- Vincennes University dba Generations
- Wabash Civil Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
- Action Ministries, Inc
- Be Concerned Inc.
- Dare to Care, Inc.
- God’s Pantry Food Bank
- Lighthouse Promise, Inc. DBA Lighthouse Academy at Newburg
- AgeWell Services of West Michigan
- Beacon of Hope Family Care Center
- Senior Neighbors
- St. Vincent de Paul - St. Johns
- Women's Resource Center
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
- St. Louis Area Foodbank
- Refuge Family Church, Inc
- Crisis Control Ministry, Inc.
- Inter Parish Ministry, Inc.
- Milford Miami Ministry
- Buffalow Family and Friends Community Days
- Community Storehouse
- Henry County Food Pantry
- Southeastern Virginia Areawide Model Program, Inc. dba Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
- Unified Human Services Transportation Systems, Inc
- Capuchin Community Services-House of Peace
- Journey Disaster Response Team
- Racine County Project Emergency, Inc. dba The Racine County Food Bank
- The Gathering of Southeast WI