Glick Philanthropies Announces Grants Totaling More Than $250,000 to 10 Community Initiatives
INDIANAPOLIS, SEPT. 2, 2020 – Glick Philanthropies — a family of charitable initiatives, programs and organizations focused on building community and creating opportunity — announced grants totaling more than $250,000 to organizations in central Indiana focused on arts & creative expression, education, helping those in need, and self-sufficiency.
“Glick Philanthropies is committed to building strong, vibrant communities,” said David Barrett, vice chairperson, president and CEO of Glick Family Foundation and president of Glick Housing Foundation. “A strong community means access to safe, affordable housing, programs to meet the basic needs of our most vulnerable neighbors, and initiatives that deepen our connection through the arts. We’re proud to support these organizations that are building community and creating opportunity for our neighbors.”
Glick Philanthropies awards grants on a bi-annual basis to tax-exempt organizations serving central Indiana and in communities where Gene B. Glick Company properties are located. Grants are focused on making a measurable impact in the following areas:
- Providing a quality, affordable place to call home
- Creating vibrant communities through the arts
- Ensuring children have access to a high-quality education
- Helping those in need
- Breaking down barriers to self-sufficiency
- Empowering the Far Eastside of Indianapolis
During this cycle, Glick Philanthropies made grants to the following organizations.
Arts & Creative Expression
- Artrageous with Nate (Fractured Atlas)
- Indiana Performing Arts Centre, Technical Theatre Apprenticeship Program
- Indiana Artisan, Website Redevelopment Project
- Arts Council of Indianapolis, Indy Arts & Culture COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund – Round II
- Arts Council of Indianapolis, Arts for Justice Citywide Exhibition
- Reach for Youth, Re-engaging youth in academics and preparing for success
- Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, Young Women in Leadership
- Starfish Initiative, College success and economic mobility for Far Eastside students
- RISE INDY (Education United for Indy), Empowering Innovation School teachers to advocate for safer eastside neighborhoods
Helping Those in Need & Self-Sufficiency
- Glick Gives Fund, Project Fresh Start matching grant
For more information about Glick Philanthropies, visit glickphilanthropies.org.
About Glick Philanthropies
Glick Philanthropies is a family of charitable initiatives, programs and organizations focused on building community and creating opportunity. Together, Glick Philanthropies strives to strengthen the quality of life in central Indiana and in communities where Gene B. Glick Company properties are located to ensure that people in those communities can reach their full potential and lead lives of dignity. Glick Philanthropies includes the Glick Family Foundation, the Glick Housing Foundation, the Glick Fund at Central Indiana Community Foundation, the Glick Fund at the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis, the Far Eastside Success Initiative and TeenWorks. Since 1982, Glick Philanthropies has awarded over $215 million to charitable causes and has led a transformative effort to improve education and economic opportunity on Indianapolis’ far eastside where the Gene B. Glick Company was originally headquartered. For more information, visit GlickPhilanthropies.org.